They say you only get one chance to make a great first impression. At Wysdom we’re here to change
that. We exist to help our clients make a great first impression with their customers – over and over again!
Conversation is the new user interface (UI). It will power everything from self-driving cars to gadgets
around your home. For a conversational UI to satisfy customers it requires continuous improvement.
Wysdom creates and manages the smartest virtual agents on behalf of our clients.
Wysdom is a fast growing, venture-backed start-up led by a team of serial entrepreneurs with a history of
building great teams and products. We make sure Wysdom is a place that employees can learn, grow,
have fun, and achieve excellence.
Fit is everything for us. We believe in hiring for attitude, skills, and potential. We offer lots of autonomy
and flexibility to be excellent at delivering value and hitting goals. If you’re an entrepreneurial, results
oriented person, who doesn’t shy away from a challenge, you’re going to enjoy working here. Are you
who we are looking for?
We are looking for a rockstar Data Engineer to join Wysdom. Wysdom is committed to slowing
climate change by removing our team's personal commute so has become a fully remote
company and this position can be located anywhere in Canada.
About the Role:
Behind every amazing AI-based solution is a team of really smart people, with a passion for helping
clients deliver an amazing customer experience.
As a Data Engineer, you will be a part of the Wysdom Solution Architecture team. You will work closely
with the principal solutions architect and will be responsible for the Data pipeline for Wysdom products.
You will work with tons of conversation data (voice and text data), SQL/NOSQL databases, and will
implement data Pipelines.
Our clients are some of the top brands in the world. You will get a chance to be a part of how these
companies are transforming their business to create a world-class digital experience for their customers.
In this role, you will:
● Handle tons of structured and unstructured data
● Work closely with client to understand their recorded conversational data
● Transform and integrate conversation data into our Data Storage and ETL pipeline
● Implement python scripts for parsing, cleaning and transforming text data from CSV, JSON, HTML
● Work with SQL/NOSQL databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CosmosDB, and cloud data
warehousing solutions such as Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.
● Implement distributed data processing systems using the Spark framework(pyspark)
● Keep abreast of state-of-the-art technology in Data engineering, perform proof-of-concepts, and
plan to incorporate these into our Wysdom products
● Work closely with our NLP developers, Data Scientists, Backend Developers to design and deliver
high quality, scalable Data processing solutions
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field required
● Strong background with ETL/ELT and Data Engineering projects
● 2+ years of working experience with Python, Pandas, Spark DataFrames, Java, C#, and
● Expertise in SQL and NOSQL Databases
● Good understanding of Database Architecture and Design
● Experience with Azure, GCP, or AWS
● 2+ years of experience building data pipelines with DataBricks, Snowflake, BigQuery or Azure
● Hands on experience with REST APIs and Web Services
● Familiar with Linux systems
● Knowledge of docker and Kubernetes is an asset
Wysdom.AI is a venture-funded start-up and is led by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs with a
history of building great teams and products. We offer a terrific work environment, full company-paid
benefits from your first day, and a stock option program, to ensure you participate in the growth we see
ahead. Head here to read more about